Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Free crochet scarf patterns

Here I sit at exactly 1:01 am. Hubby and I were exhausted from all the cleaning (his Mum is flying in tomorrow and living with us for 3 months), but my brain refused to shut off. Part of the problem is that I'm teaching my first Crochet 101 class tomorrow afternoon, and I promised we'd be doing scarves in the learning process. I didn't have any public domain scarf patterns! So now I have some great ideas for a few of them.

Also in the process, I've updated the poll. Vote now!

These are such simple stitches, though, that I can't see charging for just the patterns, so they are here for the printing and will soon be available on my web site at http://www.horse-round.com/shop/freepatterns.html.

First scarf pattern from Crochet 101, coming right up!

Filet Lace Scarf




The open mesh created for this scarf gives any weight of yarn a luxurious lacey feeling. It also provides a base for weaving in a novelty or ribbon yarn.



Foundation: Ch an even number of stitches until you reach the width or the length desired for your scarf.

Row 1: Dc in 5th ch from hook. *Ch 1, sk 1 st, dc in next st. Rep from * to end of row. Ch 4, turn.
Row 2: Sk ch-1 sp, dc in next dc. *Ch 1, sk ch-1 sp, dc in next dc. Rep from * to end of row. Ch 4, turn.

Rep Row 2 until scarf is as long or as wide as you would like.

Finishing
Weave in ends. Add fringe to the ends of the scarf or weave in fur, ribbon or other contrasting yarn.

No comments: