Monday, July 27, 2009

A now for something completely different...!


Yeah, like you haven't heard that before.

But seriously folks, I've been playing with a few lace stitches and random ideas in additio to the chainmail. Now for sale on my Etsy page are headbands and bookmarks!


These were SO much fun to make. My favorite photo is of the sock sticking out of the book. Until I started coming up with the description, I didn't even think of the Harry Potter reference -- I was already moving on to other things that might look cute coming out of the book -- mittens, scarf ends, etc. However, I don't want a certain author to come after for not having the proper licensing, so it will just remain a simple sock bookmark, a.k.a. the "sockmark."


The headband is also a very comfortable option. It doesn't clink against your glasses or try to push them off. If you have thin hair like me, you don't have to worry about teeth scraping your scalp. And if you have a round head and slick hair like me, it doesn't slip off the back of your head when you look up. It's perfect!

To reiterate from the item descriptions on Etsy, if anyone is interested in getting these in other colorways (color combinations), just let me know! I have lots of sock yarn already, and there are many others out there.

In other news, vaulting camp is this week (Sky Mountain Vaulters), so I'll be busy helping the head coach there. Best of all, we'll go lake swimming several times this week! Although I did accidental drop a steak knife on my toe this morning, point down, so we'll see how it goes.

No comments: