Thursday, July 23, 2009

A shiny new toy


I have a new toy. It actually took a little time to get to play with it. The first part arrived, and hubby had assured me that the Dremel he had would work with it. However, it arrived, and the newer style of Dremel didn't fit. We went back to the site, ordered the one that was recommended (well, the least expensive version of it, which was actually less expensive than ordering a new Dremel).

And it works! Where I would easily spend the better part of a movie spinning and cutting enough jump rings for a necklace, I can now watch the opening credits while I spin a few coils, pause the movie, and then spend 5-10 minutes cutting said coils, and weave chainmail for the remainder of the movie! (Most people know that I don't sit and watch anything anymore -- TV is a very expensive, but potentially commercial-free, radio or book on tape.)


Having had plenty of sunshine and heat lately (and then some), between vaulting, yard work and the craft store, I spent the day in front of a window with the breeze, "watching" videos of Knitting Daily TV from the library, and actually making product! I had enough rings spun to make quite a few items, and here are a couple of them.

The first is a simply elegant birdcage and moebius weave with gorgeous purple shell drops. Earrings will follow eventually. The second is a black and copper bracelet which will have a matching necklace, and perhaps earrings.


These won't be in my Etsy shop for a while. I'm building up inventory for a booth at the Penumbra Faire Prelude on August 22. I can't wait!

No comments: