Sunday, July 12, 2009

Squeaking in some projects

I've been spending a huge amount of time recently on Etsy, in the forums, reading everything I can on getting more traffic to my Etsy shop.

Now, because I've been reading everything possible there, I also now have a fan page on Facebook for the studio (Fan me! Fan me now!) and a Twitter profile (heaven help me, follow me there, too).

Why, you ask? All for the glimmer of hope that someone, somewhere will see my work and to buy some of it. Well, all we can do is hope, right? But I really ought to make more time for actually making things people want to buy! But it's all for the fun of it. If it starts being unfun, then it just becomes another job, and all the sparkle will go out of the end result.


And speaking of fun, I have yarn! Yarn I spun myself on a Greensleeves spindle and on one of my own spindles. I've now divided it into 2 piles: Cat Toy Fodder and Potential Somethings. The 2nd pile may become a pair of fingerless gloves, a scarf, or perhaps even some jewelry, but we'll see how that goes once some other urgent projects are out of the way.


3 new pieces have been posted in my Etsy shop, http://horsenround.etsy.com. My favorite is definitely this jade and agate set. Yeah, OK, so green is my favorite color, but it was just so much fun to put together, and in the process of playing, I discovered a few new techniques that will appear later on more pieces!

In other news, I've just learned that the one vaulter from my team (Sky Mountain Vaulters has been doing spectacularly well at the National competition in Kentucky, all 2nd-4th places. Hoping to see some photos from that later this next week.

No comments: