Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A slow start to the day


After sleeping in a bit for the first time in days, here I sit with Oscar and a coffee (which I had the forethought to program an automatic start last night). I actually should be heading north to Everett to find more fabric in order to create replacement vaulting pad covers as well as a few other things. It's another refreshingly cool morning, however, and Oscar is nice and warm. And I'm attempting to "upgrade" to the new version of Internet Explorer. Eek. Fortunately, I seem to have figured out how to get most of what I used before back, but what were they thinking with these defaults? This does not bode well for the next version of Windows.


In other news, I may even be able to finish this poor neglected necklace today or tomorrow. It will consist of river agate, fossil coral, B.C. jade and seed beads in pearl and olive tones. I'm making my first attempt at creating some beaded beads for this one. I may end up usng those for something else if it looks strange when put together, but we'll just have to see.

Hubby has also very kindly cleared the dining room table so that I may block the lace scarf and shawl this week. These were finished several months ago and have been waiting for house projects to come to a lull.

Well, the fire alarm just chirped a couple of times -- it seems to be going through batteries more quickly than Daylight Savings Time changes. Hmm....

No comments: